Defense for Criminal Charges in Oakland
Call (510) 953-5551 Today – Se Habla Español
When your liberty, rights, and future are all on the line, turn to the Law Offices of Torres & Caraves. We are aggressive legal advocates who provide compassionate, understanding counsel to our clients. Our multicultural, bilingual team can help you challenge any criminal charge, from a first-time drunk driving offense to a felony sex crime charge. No case is too complex for our award-winning law firm.
Why Choose Our Criminal Defense Attorneys?
- 20+ Years' Combined Experience
- Former Prosecutor on Your Side
- Award-Winning, Trial-Tested Representation
- Multicultural, Spanish-Speaking Team
- Proven Track Record of Defense
Trusted by thousands of clients, our battle-ready advocates offer the responsive service you deserve. We will communicate with you at every step of your case so that you are never left in the dark or with unanswered questions. Our defense lawyers will be honest with you about your options and possible results. We build strong relationships with clients that are based on trust. Our Oakland criminal defense firm is ready to fight for you. Take the first step in your defense today.
Call (510) 953-5551 or request your appointment online to start your defense. Get the legal advice and answers you need!
Our Criminal Defense Services
Our Spanish-speaking Oakland criminal defense attorneys take on cases including and not limited to:
- DUI, including first-time DUIs, multiple DUIs, and other drunk driving or drugged driving-related offenses
- Drug Crime possession, distribution, sale, and trafficking or a wide range of controlled substances
- Domestic Violence, including accusations of abuse, threats, harassment, and violations of restraining orders
- Weapon Crimes such as the unlawful possession of weapons or the use of a weapon to commit a crime
- Theft Crimes, including a wide range of property theft and financial theft
- Sex Crimes, including sexual assault, rape, and child molestation
- Violent Crimes, including murder, assault, battery, and more.
Read more about how we've helped clients overcome their charges.
I've Been Arrested - What Now?
When you've been arrested for a crime, it can be terrifying and intimidating dealing with police officers. It is important that you know your rights and how to conduct yourself at all times in order to avoid any potential issues that can damage your case. Take a moment and review your rights below, and if you feel that your rights were violated, mention it to your criminal defense attorney.
Here are some essential tips to know if you are approached by police officers:
- You have the right to remain silent. Police officers may try to question you or try to get you to incriminate yourself. What you say can be used against you, so it is better to remain silent. Never try to talk your way out of the situation or explain your side.
- You have the right to an attorney. When you get the chance, call an experienced criminal defense lawyer as soon as you can. The sooner you have an attorney on your side protecting you, the better your chances of obtaining a favorable outcome.
- Be respectful and cooperative. Don’t try to flee the scene, behave in a confrontational manner, or resist arrest. This could lead to additional charges or escalate the situation.
- You do not have to consent to a search. If the police officer is asking for your permission to search your belongings, you have the right to refuse unreasonable searches and seizures.
Whether you are staring down misdemeanor or felony charges in Oakland, you urgently need the trial-tested advocacy that we offer. Our leading defenders have extensive experience, a history of success, and a reputation for integrity and excellence. Discover why we are trusted in our community and have been depended upon by thousands of clients. Contact our Oakland criminal defense attorneys today for the hard-hitting defense on which you can rely.
Reach us at (510) 953-5551 or online to discover your possible defenses!