Oakland Weapon Crimes Lawyer
Guidance Throughout the Bay Area
California has one of the most restrictive gun control and weapon laws in the nation. While it is legal for certain individuals to carry specific firearms legally, there are numerous restrictions. Assault-style weapons and high-capacity magazine firearms are prohibited, and an individual must undergo strict background checks when applying for a license.
Weapons charges in California include:
- Possession of an unregistered assault weapon
- Self-defense use of a firearm
- Firearm use in a restricted area (school, airport, etc.)
- Possession of grenade and grenade launchers
- False statements made to purchase firearm
- Possession of prohibited weapons (switchblade knives, brass knuckles, etc.)
- Possession of a firearm without a permit
- Felon with a firearm
Former Prosecutor on Your Side
If you are being charged with a crime involving guns, firearms, or another type of weapon, our Oakland criminal defense attorneys at the Law Offices of Torres & Caraves can help you better understand your rights and a likely outcome of your charges. We have an in-depth understanding of gun laws and how to effectively resolve your charges. Our team includes a former prosecutor with insider's knowledge of the criminal court system and how they handle such cases.
Individuals Prohibited from Possessing Legal Firearms:
- Convicted felons
- Individuals with certain misdemeanors
- Subjects of restraining orders
- Individuals who are deemed mentally incompetent by a court
Schedule a Free Consultation: (510) 953-5551
Law enforcement in Oakland, San Francisco, Richmond, and surrounding Bay Area cities are extremely harsh on gun charges in an effort to combat gun violence. Whether you've been accused of committing a crime with a weapon, unlawful possession of a firearm, or another weapon-related offense, tell us more about what happened. Our Oakland criminal defense lawyers can review the details of your case and explain how we can help you fight your charges.